Friday, November 23, 2007

It feels like burning

So when I was in college, there was this bar Mellagio's that we used to go to every week; on Thursdays, they had $1 Dos Equis. Well, one night I'm there and I try to drink my beer to quickly. As is the case with bottles, my beer foamed up and spilt all over my hand. No big deal I think, I just grab a napkin from the bar and wipe my hand off. Of course my dumb ass doesn't want to waste the napkin, so I take the now-wet napkin and wrap it around my bottle. And then I get the bright idea to light a cigarette. So, I have an open flame in one hand and an alcohol-soaked rag in the other hand. I'm oblivious enough that I couldn't place immediately where the burning smell was coming from, but one of my hands pointed out that "Your hand is on fire." Nice. Dropping the napkin and stomping on it took care of the fire, but by then I had already singed the hairs on my fingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home